Saturday, January 8

Year of travel in pictures

Blogger stats just informed me that ironically (and totally unintentionally) my last post, which I worried might keep me from ever getting hired again was post #69. I swear I'm an adult, really.

For something much more universal (and since I wrote about all the delightful travels we've been able to take in the last post) and upbeat I figured I'd do a little sum-up. Go!


England:(St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tate Modern)


 Japan: (fantastic ads for cigarettes and Nijo castle)

 Boryeong, Korea for Mudfest (beach and "Mud Prison)

 Sonyudo Island, Korea (our tent and playing on the beach)

DMZ tour/Panmunjon: the blue buildings are negotiation rooms, far building is N. Korea, then inside the negotiation rooms with a ROK soldier at "ROK ready" posture

Dr Fish in Korean beauty salons: These little guys eat the dead skin off your feet. Horrifying and ticklish.
 Seoul Tower: why is Social Security Number always in his/her heart?
 Malaysia: Golden Palm resort pool flowing into the ocean and KL Bird Park

Philippines: awesome guard at Fort Santiago in Manila who gave us a secret tour of the dungeons and our amazing motor-tricycle driver who saved us from a fate worse than death. Sitting up straight is overrated.


Hong Kong and Macau: Top of Victoria Peak and seahorses for sale at the local grocery store



Upcoming... Guam!



Vocab of the day: 
Korean: 모험 (moh hohm) =  adventure
Military: LICWOT = leave in conjunction with official travel

No comments:

Post a Comment