Wednesday, June 17

Dust off your traveling shoes!

*Posting out of order now... silly internet/logistics!

So, it's time to get on the road again! After a rush visa, many phone calls to Afghan airlines and a lot of planning and hours of hubs answering questions from "is there always toilet paper?" to "what the heck do I wear?", the plan has been made.
In the spirit of the adventuring family from which I come, and in light of the great work hubs has been doing in Afghanistan for years the time has finally come for me to visit the country as well! The country began granting tourist visas in January of 2015, so I'm excited to jump into this adventure and see more of this country that has become so close to my husband's heart.
Our plan is to spend 3 weeks between Kabul (right center of the country) and Mazar-e-sharif (upper center near the border of Tajikistan) meeting up with friends and contacts of hubs', and for me to reach out to many of the awesome education nonprofits that are building schools and working on girls education. It's going be a wild trip, for sure, but I'm excited!

Khoda hafez- (we/I/you) go with god!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea tourist visas were only just introduced. No wonder you're off there right away, you adventurous lady! Blazing a trail for us all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visa is the ultimate thing which is needed to enter a different country apart from domicile. To get inside Vietnam visa stamp on your passport is necessary. www.greenvisa.io a Vietnam based company offers all visa assistance for the travellers and also offers tourist packages to travel well in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete