Friday, April 13

Epic Mealtime

So I'm out and about when I determine I am very hungry. Lately I've been trying to eat well, lots of fruits and veggies, as little processed food as possible. I arrive in grocery aisles and try to think of something fast and good I can make, but I'm drawing blanks. I wander aimlessly for a while and then encounter the freezer meal section.

"It's fine," my peace-making brain says. "you've been all over with this moving business and a frozen dinner isn't the worst you could choose."

My principled brain pipes up, "No! You've been doing so well! Don't give up to frozen food now!"

Back and forth, I pace the freezer aisle for a good 10 minutes before hunger leads me to break down and grab a few boxes of frosty dinner-to-be (hey, the 7th was free- I'm just being economical), dash to checkout and head home.

Once home, I eagerly grab a box and turn to shove it in the microwave... Only to realize I have no microwave. And these babies have no alternative preparation. Epic Meal Fail- I ate an avocado and crackers instead. Well, there's a weeks's worth of dinners waiting in my fridge if I do get that microwave...


- Posted on the go through via BlogPress for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment