Tuesday, April 17

MacGyver to the rescue

I'm throwing a housewarming party in 4 days. YIKES! Good incentive to get everything up and functioning... but I may not sleep much this week.

So what do you do when you find an awesome living room set at Goodwill for $50 and have an appointment in an hour? Not to mention, when you drive a sedan-style car and have neither blankets nor bungees but only disintegrating jumper cables with you? MacGyver to the rescue. That was probably the least safe 10 miles I've ever driven- the coffee table and end table in the car blocked all the mirrors and the end table in the trunk bounced perilously with each bump. But I got them back and in the house myself with no major damage to anyone or anything. Yay!





New phrase: deployment annoyment. If it's not trademarked, I call it.

Vocab of the day: 
Military: AAA = Assign Alternate Area
PNW: "tourists and transplants"= as can be identified by their use of umbrellas, while natives ignore the drizzle



No comments:

Post a Comment