Thursday, January 12

Happy dance to do list for 2012

Two days to separation. Suck. I'm feeling slightly bipolar, fluctuating between the happy dance of "It's a great adventure!" and, "Freaking ugh- don't wanna!" [See here post for full explanation of the happy dance.] Most of the time I'm enjoying being around the boy before he goes- being goofy, snuggling, watching hip hop documentaries. But most often it's when he falls asleep that I suddenly have a fit of panic. It lasts for an hour or few, and then the next day most is fine again. I'm also in an awful rut with fits and starts of productivity- getting 3 applications sent one day, then none for the next several... Not to mention the house hunting.

So today I decided to start making a list of fun things that I can more freely do once I'm a single lady again (or at least a separated one with all the living space to myself). Lots of these he doesn't even care about but I keep them to myself out of self consciousness- here's to unfettered ridiculousness at home for the next year!

To do while he's away:

  • Take up new musicals and blare them at top volume in the house, car, while out and about/exercising, etc. Sing loudly with them, play on repeat until I learn all the words.
  • Go to operas and musicals all the time! Ok, when budget allows.
  • Eat waffles and french toast for breakfast whenever I want
  • Hog the entire bed and crank up the heat
  • Go to Burning Man
  • Less shaving
  • Watch my guilty pleasure TV shows at full volume whenever- Project Runway, America's Next Top Model are top contenders
  • Indulge in a once-a-week night owl stay up forever binge and then sleep in late. But just one!
  • Paint my nails wherever I want without being concerned about the smell.
  • Perhaps do a 30-day vegetarian trial?
  • Put up a giant cheesy 'vision board' a la Happy Endings (Year of Penny and Vision Boards). Maybe.
  • Work on guitar/piano/sing at any time and volume without being concerned I'll break his eardrums
  • Art/craft projects that can take up room and last days with just me tripping on them. 
  • Make my kitchen table a desk. All my desk! 
  • Enjoy dance workout tapes that are awesome but make me look like a flailing primate.

Well, that looks like fun. If we have to do this separation thing, at least I have some entertaining things to look forward to.


Vocab of the day:
Military: PES= Positive Enable System

No comments:

Post a Comment