Tuesday, January 19

Brilliant.

So, although I'm still new to this (not yet broken the 2 month boundary), there are some things I've learned about marriage.

Plus:
  • automatic date for events short of the really wild gender-specific ones
  • eventual fading of the internal "who likes me?" voice in the coupley sense
  • friends with benefits. or I suppose spouse with benefits
  • partner for the hard stuff in life (and the good stuff=)
  • snuggle buddy for movies and lazy Sundays
  • *unconditional love and mush and stuff


Questionable: (not necessarily bad! just different)
  • another person to schedule/plan around- emotions, ideas, careers
  • learning to communicate, live, be around another person a lot
  • legal/logistical stuff- insurance, taxes, records, bank accounts
  • an additional extended family
I think I've managed to effectively void most of the immediately visible pluses by living across the country. Why was that a good idea?


Vocab of the day:
Korean: 배우자 = spouse
Military: Sponsor= military spouse's relationship to the civilian spouse

No comments:

Post a Comment