Wednesday, January 13

Ode to Seattle

In a conversation with a friend I tonight realized I'm between being pissed that I don't get to see my husband for three months (nearly a new record, even for the two of us) and grieving that I've just gotten to feeling comfortable in Seattle and having to leave.

Thusly, tonight's installation will be (no, I'll spare you my sappy love poems) a list of the beautiful and wonderful things I will miss about Seattle. In no particular order:

  • My kitty (anyone want a slightly sweet and slightly crazed little beast? Army says no go) also viewable here!
  • The ocean
  • Clear days when you can see Mt. Rainer and the needle at the same time. Bonus points for sunset/sunrise at the same time
  • My two roommates (yes, I only have one now but they both still get the label)
  • My fantastic, amazing, wonderful friends
  • Having figured out a transit system, more or less
  • UW
  • Cherry blossoms
  • The UW gym
  • The library system. Le sigh.
  • Having figured out a grocery store, dry cleaner's, hair salon, etc etc
  • Than Brothers Pho (and pho dates with Beth!)
  • All the delicious coffee and tea
  • Belly dancing in the Fremont Solstice Parade 
  • Movie/TV girls nights, wine nights, poker nights, crazy nights out
  • My apaaaaaaaaaartment.... (a la Ben Kweller)
I have to be missing a bunch... I'll get back to that. Other suggestions?

Vocab of the day:
Korean:  고양이 = cat
Military: Base, Post=home

No comments:

Post a Comment